One of the key factors of an undisturbed night’s sleep is a comfortable spring mattress. From keeping your mattress clean to preventing spillage, a little care and upkeep can go a long way in ensuring that your mattress remains in good shape for years. The lifespan of a mattress depends on several factors but if you stick to these straightforward practices, you will experience years of uninterrupted sleep and your investment will last for a long time:
- Cover your mattress with a protector: Mattress protectors prevent dirt, moisture, mites, and other toxins from coming in contact with the mattress. Most mattress protectors are machine washable and are water-resistant, built to deter spills. A mattress protector will keep the mattress dry and prevent the growth of mildew and mould. Mattress protectors act as a shielding layer around all sides of the mattress and ensure that bed bugs are kept out.
- Provide the necessary support to your mattress: A new spring mattress must be supported by a foundation to withstand sagging. You can select a bed frame or a flexible foundation with the right number of slats as it is important to make sure your spring mattress has the right support. This helps prevent early wear and preserve its integrity.
- Wash your bed sheets regularly: You must wash your blankets and bedsheets regularly depending on how much time you spend on your bed. Even if you are using a mattress protector, it is important to keep the sheets clean. Wash the mattress protector regularly according to the directions given by the manufacturer.
- Use fabric conditioner to clean your spring mattress: Unless suggested otherwise by the mattress brand, you must use fabric conditioner to clean spills or stains on your spring mattress. Apply the conditioner as per the directions given on the product.
- Avoid bending, folding, or dragging your mattress: Unless your mattress is made completely of materials such as cotton or foam or is specifically built to endure such treatment, do not bend, or fold it. You must not bend your mattress around the corners while placing sheets or while moving it. Also, avoid sitting on the edge or on mattress corners.
Mattresses of different kinds will have a different set of upkeep standards, but the key points remain the same and the lifespan of a mattress depends on the practices mentioned above and following them can guarantee that you enjoy years of uninterrupted sleep. At Duroflex, we offer durable spring mattresses that are bouncy and provide medium pressure relief.