Common Mistakes to Avoid When Purchasing a Sofa
Whether redecorating your house for a contemporary look or while setting up a new home, you must be careful about the furniture you choose as it will highlight the aesthetics of your new place. A sofa is the key piece of furniture in any living room and if you are refurbishing it, you must consider purchasing a new one.
- Ignoring the layout of the living room: Often we ignore the layout of our living room where we wish to keep the sofa. When you overlook the dimensions, there is a good chance that you’ll end up buying a sofa that is either too big or too small to keep in the living room. So, before buying a sofa, you must measure the dimensions of your living space as it will help you look for a sofa that will be a perfect fit for your house.
- Not considering your storage needs: When buying a sofa, do not neglect the storage space. Storage sofas are perfect for keeping cushions, living room furnishings, and blankets. Look for a sofa with built-in concealed storage space if you wish to use the additional space underneath the sofa seat.
- Choosing a sofa with the wrong style: If you are remodelling your home, you must have a theme in terms of style and colour for the room where you are going to place the sofa. Many of us choose comfortable sofas that somehow occupy the space in our living rooms. If a sofa doesn’t fit properly with your theme, then it might ruin the entire appearance of the room.
- Disregarding the fabric options: When it comes to fabric, there are many available alternatives. Remember that the fabric you select must be both durable and easy to maintain. Selecting a stain- and dirt-resilient fabric is essential if you have children or pets at home. You can also go for a sofa with washable slipcovers.
- Buying a poor-quality sofa: Attractive deals and offers are quite tempting, however, when buying a long-lasting product, it is important to be mindful of the quality as much as the price. Poor quality sofas might be offered for a bargain price, but they are unlikely to last long and will start deteriorating in a matter of months. Always purchase sofas from reputed brands that offer after-sales services.
How you design your living room is all up to your ingenuity and personal choice, but keep in mind that a good sofa should last long and must be easy to maintain along with providing comfort. The right sofa should be cozy, sturdy, aesthetic and extremely functional. At Duroflex, we offer a wide range of durable sofas that will enhance the décor of all contemporary living rooms.