Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Latex Mattress
When purchasing a mattress, consumers are faced with a number of options; And yet, they end up buying that one mattress with a perceivably attractive feature. Seldom de they recognize or study the key factors that help them ascertain which mattress must be chosen to benefit their health. However, some customers are much more aware and do their research before purchasing a mattress and many of them are opting for a latex mattress.
Latex mattresses today are quite popular among people as they are extremely durable and offer utmost comfort. These mattresses are also more environment-friendly and provide health benefits.
What is a Latex Mattress?
A latex mattress is built using several layers of latex foam, and there are three major types of foam- blended, synthetic, and natural.
Mattresses that use synthetic latex are largely produced using a plastic that mimics rubber known as styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR). Latex mattresses with SBR are reliable and a reasonably priced substitute for natural latex but are not as durable or eco-friendly.
However, many a times they may contain harsh chemicals which may cause allergies to those with sensitive skin.
Natural latex is more durable, supportive, eco-friendly, and offers more comfort while sleeping than blended and synthetic latex. It is also more environmentally-friendly as the latex is made from the milk-like sap of a rubber tree.
Key Benefits of Sleeping on a Latex Mattress
Latex mattresses offer the following major benefits:
- Breathable: Natural latex foam enables a constant flow of air owing to its open-cell formation. The layers of foam are also built with pinholes that enhance breathability.
- Eco-friendly: Natural sap from rubber trees is used to make the latex and the trees are not damaged while collecting the sap. A single rubber tree can continue to produce it for about 30 years. Natural latex is biodegradable and doesn’t get accumulated in a landfill.
- Low maintenance and hypoallergenic: If mattresses are not constantly cleaned, fungi and bacteria can easily pile up on the top which would lead to the growth of mildew, dust mites, and mould. This could create a hazardous sleeping environment and trigger allergies. Latex is naturally antimicrobial and repels toxic microbes, making it an exceptional choice for people with allergies.
- Durable: Natural latex mattresses offer long-term comfort and have a lifespan of upto 15 years, much longer than other mattresses. The durability of natural rubber is responsible for this endurance. A natural latex mattress easily bounces back to its original shape once the pressure is withdrawn, sustaining its original shape despite years of usage.
- Offers pain relief: The latex foam’s soft cushioning and resilient support are beneficial for sleepers with joint and back pain. Latex foam gently supports the shoulders and hips. The light contouring offers pressure relief on the lower back and joints, while the natural elasticity of latex retains natural spinal alignment by supporting other areas, such as the neck and back.
The distinctive feel of a latex mattress can offer a soothing night’s sleep. At Duroflex, we offer a wide range of latex mattresses that are a popular choice of material for people looking for eco-friendly options offering luxurious comfort and advanced support.
Let's not put it so negatively. Instead, let's just put it along the lines of 'it is a blend of chemicals and natural latex, including a major part of chemicals, and can cause allergies to those sensitive to chemicals.